Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Paint Party: Before/"In Progress" Pics

We still haven't slowed down and I think it might be starting to catch up with me! I am hoping these are just allergies and not something I caught at school.

I am sorry for the wait...but I NOW finally have the in-progress photos from our paint party. Please note that labeling anything "After" may be a little misleading as we have a few things on our "to do" list--but I am sure you'll get the idea. To give you a little background, the house was built in 1929. You will notice radiators throughout the rooms and, yes, they still function as our heat source in the winter. There are tons of little characteristics around the house that make my heart sing like crystal doorknobs, original tile, barrel ceilings, and gum wood molding. We painted all the rooms in the house except for the 2nd guest bedroom, the living room, and basement. Those rooms and the exterior of the house are not featured below.

Here's the palette we worked with (thanks for your help, Mom!) and, I must say, I absolutely love it and would not change a thing.
(From Left to Right) Mountain Air- Guest Room #1, Sleepy Blue-Chris' Bath, Ramie-Dining Rm, Favorite Tan-Kitchen (not tagged with a post-it), Netsuke- Foyer, Gray Screen-My Bath, Balanced Beige-Master BR

And now, for (an abridged) tour of our new house! If you want to see the WHOLE thing--I guess you just have to come visit. ;) Drum roll please....
Foyer (Before)
Foyer (After)
 I am a HUGE advocate for getting things put up on the wall. And the entrance rug is NEW from Target! 

Dining Room (Before)

Dining Room (After) 
You'll see our fur babies in several of the pics...they like their time in the spotlight too. :) We definitely took our chandelier with us from Summit Dr. Thanks to Jeff and Chris, it's already hanging! Oh, and aren't you glad the mustard color is g-o-n-e? Umm..me too.

Kitchen (Before)
Kitchen (After)
We'd like to add curtains in the kitchen over the window. You can't tell from this pic, but there's also a nook to the left of the door. I'd like to repeat the curtain fabric on two bench cushions, make a small rustic table  and create a quaint breakfast area. I already found a fabric I like and may just have to put it on my birthday list. ;)

My Bathroom (Before)
My Bathroom (After)
 My next purchase will be a dark gray bathmat and white monogrammed towels. I am going for a crisp/refreshing look in here. Btw--I am IN LOVE with the original mosaic tile floor and the dove gray walls.

Guest Bedroom #1 (Before)
Guest Bedroom #1 (After)
We are adding a bed once we get a new mattress in our room. This is one of our first projects on the list to conquer this Fall. If you're planning to visit before then, have no fear! We still have an extra bed for you!

Left side of Chris' Bathroom (Before)



Right side of Chris' Bathroom (Before)

See the left side for a better idea of the 'before' color. As this is Chris' bathroom--the pink had to go!

Chris' Bathroom (After)
I would like to get some new brown towels and add a more masculine block-style monogram to them for Chris. The blue shade is just one shade darker from the color in Guest Bedroom #1. Subtle but just enough change to add some interest (and GREAT for resale!).

Master Bedroom (Before)

Master Bedroom (After)
We need to add a rug at some point (I am thinking a white-ish alpaca/fluffy to add some texture) and I still want to add a chocolate brown pillow between the two Euro shams to make everything really "pop." Also, I'll probably dress the windows in linen (maybe chocolate brown also)?

There's still plenty more of the house to see and I have to leave ya hanging a little bit. That's it for the painting portion of the Before/Afters. Stop by again this week--I am planning on recapping our first weekend here alone!

Love,

A Sherwin Williams Fan

1 comment: